The Lieutenant Governor and spouse are honorary patrons of many non-profit
and community organizations.
The Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba has established the following criteria
when considering patronage requests.
- The organization must have aims and objectives which are aligned with
the institutional or personal themes of the Lieutenant Governor;
- Must have been in existence for five years (there are exceptions made);
- Be provincial or regional in scope
- Have programs which are of direct benefit to the community at large;
- Be non-profit;
- Be non-political;
- Be financially solvent;
- Agree not to use the Lieutenant Governor’s patronage in direct
connection with fund-raising campaigns or events.