Past Lieutenant Governors
The Honourable W. Yvon Dumont, O.M.
Archives of Manitoba: Dumont, Yvon (93-184)
Term of Office: 05 March 1993 - 02 March 1999
Born: St. Laurent, Manitoba, 21 January 1951
- First became active in Manitoba Metis Federation 1967 as
Secretary Treasurer of St. Laurent Local and 1972 Director
of Interlake Region.
- Executive Vice-President of Manitoba Metis Federation 1973 and President
- A founding Vice-President of Native Council of Canada 1972-73 and President
of Metis National Council 1988-93.
- Member of Municipal Council, Rural Municipality of St. Laurent.
- Member of Board of Governors, University of Manitoba
- Active in several small businesses and served on national division
of Aboriginal Economic Development Board.
- Vice Prior and Knight of Justice of Most Venerable Order of the Hospital
of St. John of Jerusalem.
- Received Manitoba Metis Federation Award 1993 for dedicated service
to Metis people of Canada and National Aboriginal Achievement Award 1996
for public service.
- Awarded Honourary Doctor of Laws degree from University of Manitoba
- Appointed to Order of Manitoba 2001.